Events & Community Outreach Intern
Location: Los Angeles (Atwater Village)
LA STAGE Alliance is searching for an intern for the Fall 2015 semester who will work closely with our Events, Community Programs and Development Manager and Communications & Design Manager to facilitate and develop our public events and programming, namely the Ovation Awards.
This internship would be ideal for an individual with an interest in arts administration, event planning, non-profit management, and community engagement.
LA STAGE Alliance is a 501(c)3 non-profit arts service organization dedicated to building awareness, appreciation, and support for the performing arts in Greater Los Angeles. Since 1975, LA STAGE has worked to empower artists and engage audiences of Greater LA through a series of programs, events, and advocacy efforts. All of our initiatives aim to serve and strengthen the sector — both at an individual and community level. Specifically, we provide resources that facilitate audience engagement, collaborative marketing, community building, and professional development.
• Assisting with the production of the annual Ovation Awards Ceremony (November 9), including attending production meetings with producers and creative team and any related site visits
• Outreach and marketing efforts for various programs and events
• Increasing participation in LA STAGE programming by researching and communicating with arts organizations
• Provide general support to LA STAGE staff for daily operations
An ideal candidate will:
• Have a passion for the arts
• Maintain a well-organized and responsible professional demeanor
• Take initiative and work well both independently and as part of a team
• Research thoroughly and problem-solve creatively
• Have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Be comfortable working with computers, including Google Docs and Office Suite
• Be flexible and willing to try new tasks
• Be reliable, and able to commit to a four-month-long internship
The position is unpaid but university credit can be arranged. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Intern Application.”