The following information has been passed along to us regarding the submission of company membership lists to AEA in light of their 99-Seat Proposal. We want to ensure that all our member-based organizations are aware of these new amendments and subsequent list submission procedure.
In summary, member-based organizations will now be submitting their member lists to The Actors Fund to hold in escrow, not to AEA.
If you want to register your members, send an e-mail to John Torres at email@example.com stating that you want to register. You can also call him at (917) 281-5971. He will send you instructions on how to proceed.
1) On or before April 1, 2015, any membership company that wishes to submit a list of its members would transmit their list, securely, to the Actors Fund. Transmission may be done in any one of the following manners: (a) by hard copy, in a sealed envelope marked PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL across the seal within a sealed outer envelope, with the name of the theater on the outside; or (b) by electronic transmission to a specifically-identified individual (the Custodian) at the Actors Fund who, in advance of the transmission identifies himself/herself and agrees to the terms set forth in Para. 2, below. Upon receipt of the list, the Custodian of the documents designated by The Actors Fund shall provide a “receipt” for the information confirming date/time of receipt by The Actors Fund. If the lists are submitted pursuant to method (a), above, the Custodian shall provide a written receipt; if the information is submitted pursuant to method (b), above, the custodian shall respond by email confirming receipt of the information.
2) The Custodian and The Actors Fund will maintain the lists in a secure, encrypted manner, and will not release any lists to Equity (or anyone else) without the express authorization of the membership company.
3) By no later than April 2, 2015, The Actors Fund shall send an email to Mary McColl and the designee of the Joint Review Committee identifying each of the theaters that submitted lists, the date on which the lists were submitted, and the manner of submission (hard copy or electronic).
4) Within no later than 5 days following the adoption of any relevant internal Equity membership rule, the membership company could authorize the release of the list to Equity. Such authorization shall be by email transmission to the identified individual at The Actors Fund with copy to Mary McColl. The individual at The Actors Fund shall confirm transmission.
5) Equity would commit to keeping the lists secure, and would only use them for purposes of administering its internal membership rules.
SENDING LISTS ELECTRONICALLY
• To receive the list in an encrypted format the Actors Fund will use Citrix ShareFile. An email will go out to the person or company that would be uploading the file(s) to the Citrix ShareFile portal and they would logon to the encrypted portal from the link contained in the email and upload the files for the Actors Fund for retrieval. Audit logs of this are kept by Citrix ShareFile for security.
• To send the lists in a secure encrypted format, the Actors Fund will use Citrix ShareFile. An email would go out to the person or company that would be retrieving the file(s) from Citrix ShareFile portal and they would logon to the encrypted portal from the link contained in the email and retrieve the files. Audit logs of this are kept by Citrix ShareFile for security.
• To store data in an encrypted format, the Actors Fund will use Symantec Endpoint Encryption to provide encryption and high security. The IT Director at the Actors Fund will be the contact person for submission of the list.